Join Hyogo AJET (FREE)
Hyogo AJET membership is open to all current JETs who reside and work in Hyogo prefecture and membership is free.
Joining is as easy as filling out the Registration Form at the bottom of this page and joining the rest of the community on the following:
- The Hyogo AJET Wiki is a treasure trove of information for anyone living in Hyogo. It is specifically aimed at Hyogo JETs but the information here can be useful to anyone living in or thinking of visiting the Hyogo Prefecture. This wiki is maintained by the online Hyogo Wiki community and is available to the general public.
- Hyogo AJET on Facebook and the HyogoAJET Facebook Group are great sources for important information from Hyogo AJET and your fellow Hyogo JETs especially regarding the many social events that occur throughout the year! Many people find the Facebook method of staying in touch more convenient than traditional email.
As a member of Hyogo AJET you will benefit from:
- discounts at social events throughout the year
- preference over non-members when signing up for certain limited-numbers Hyogo AJET events (such as White Water Rafting)
- free subscription to an online copy of the Hyogo Times (Hyogo AJET's excellent newsletter)
- rad discounts/freebies at various pubs and bars in Hyogo-ken (such as Tiger Pub in Himeji and Second Chance & Trinity in Sannomiya)
- access to the vast collection of books in the Hyogo AJET Library
Hyogo AJET Membership Card
The two main purposes of the HAJET membership card are:
- to allow local businesses to quickly identify you as a member of Hyogo AJET so that you will be eligible for any special discounts
- and to make it easier for members to secure sweeter deals with more local business
This is why the new cards are written mostly in Japanese, have an expirty date and are valid only if stamped with the HAJET seal.
All card holders are welcome to ask for a discount/bargain with any local business or franchise on behalf of the Hyogo AJET community, but dont forget to let the the rest of us know of any successful bargains. It might be easiest to ask for a business card, scan it and email it to us with the bargain details so we can easily make them available online, and then we all benefit. The business will get more customers and we'll get more deals.
As of 2009 membership to Hyogo AJET is free to any JETs situated in Hyogo, however we do ask for a 200円 donation per card to cover material and other costs. Please note that if you wish to have the card mailed, you will be responsible for the postage costs.
Obtaining a Card - At an Event
It's possible to pick up a HAJET membership card at some of the HAJET events throughout the year. Most notably at BOE hosted events and the Sogo Beer-Garden Welcome & Farewell parties. Sometimes it may be possible to have your new membership cards laminated on the spot, but this is not guaranteed as the laminator is troublesome to carry around all the time.
If you want your card laminated before and event, please contact the current Prefectural Representative at least a week before the event in question. That will give us enough time to make your card and arrange for it to be handed over to you at the upcoming event. You can contact the PR via email or, if available via an on-line form at the bottom of this page.
Obtaining a Card - By Mail
Sometimes cards simply won't be available at events, or if they are they won't be laminated, so you still have the option of getting your card sent to you by mail. We can send your laminated HAJET membership card to a designated address, however you will be responsible for the postage payment.
Please direct all membership questions to: email@example.com
Hyogo AJET is made up of volunteers from the local JET community and it's representative body, the Hyogo AJET Team is made up of a collection of elected and/or appointed positions. Any JET situated within the Hyogo prefecture can join the team at any time by contacting the current PR; however, anyone applying for a representative position (see below) must be a JET of the area that they are applying for.
The post of Prefectural Representative is the only position absolutely required for Hyogo AJET to exist as stipulated by the National AJET consitition.
Area Representative Positions
- Prefectural Representative (Elected - Required) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Awaji Representative (Elected/Appointed) – email@example.com
- Tajima Representative (Elected/Appointed) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kobe Representative (Elected/Appointed) – email@example.com
Coordinator/Committee Positions (Open to all Hyogo JETs throughout the year)
- Events - Social, Cultural, Adventure, Sightseeing - (Appointed) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promotions/Advertising (Appointed) - email@example.com
- Charity (Appointed) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publications (Appointed) – email@example.com
- Treasurer (Appointed) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Librarian (Appointed) – email@example.com
- Webmaster (Appointed) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Area representatives act as information liaisons in order to ensure that the ebb and flow of information is kept healthy and constant throughout their local JET community. There is nothing more vital in making it easier for all of us to live in Japan than the healthy flow of information. These positions require constant monitoring and forwarding information.
The role of Prefectural Representative has the added responsibility of serving as a managerial position to the members of the Hyogo AJET team. The PR is charged with ensuring that Hyogo AJET is fulfilling its purpose by:
1. Taking on or allocating any responsibilities that are not assigned to a specific role (or are not being performed) 2. Taking the lead in solving any team issues that occur during the year
Due to the changing nature of the JET programme and the availability of JET volunteers, the number of team members and occupied positions may fluctuate from one year to the next. However, National AJET has put measures in place to ensure that you will always be able to reach the current Prefectural Representative (or their equivalent) at email@example.com to point you in the right direction.
Coordinator/Committee Positions are free for anyone to take on as they please, throughout the year. Any Hyogo AJET member can choose to organize an event (social/charity/whatever ... ) through the Hyogo AJET community and access the Hyogo AJET Online office if desired. Notify the Hyogo PR for details.
Special Positions are appointed positions of specialist responsibility open to any Hyogo JET, however getting appointed is not guaranteed if the position is already filled or if the minimum skill requirements for the position isn't met.
Hyogo AJET Team Email
Contact the PR and request to be added to the Hyogo AJET Team email group if you would like to participate in the internal event discussions. You can come and go as you please. All news/events/etc will always be announced on the regular HyogoJets mailing list, however Team HAJET uses this internal list for event organization and throwing ideas around.
All Hyogo JETs are welcome to participate.
Hyogo AJET Online Office
Thanks to Google and National AJET, we now have a fully functional online office at our disposal for easier collaboration, discussion and planning of events, surveys and any other fun projects that you can think of. The current Online Office services include:
Email: http://mail.hyogo.ajet.net Calendar: http://calendar.hyogo.ajet.net Docs: http://docs.hyogo.ajet.net Sites: http://sites.hyogo.ajet.net Google Talk: http://www.google.com/talk/ *Sign in with a *@hyogo.ajet.net email account.
Contact the PR if you would like a hyogo.ajet.net email account and access to the Online Office.