Delicious shitake mushrooms stuffed with tuna and spring onion.
serves 4 as an appetizer or side dish
12 shitake mushrooms
150 grams fresh minced tuna (maguro)
5 spring onions (aonegi)
3 tablespoons ponzu
a little black pepper
a little starch (katakuriko)
- Cut the stems off the mushrooms.
- Mince the spring onions, tuna and mushroom stems.
- Put the black pepper, ponzu, tuna, spring onion and chopped stems in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix in some katakuriko to bind the tuna mixture.
- Stuff the mushrooms!
- Grill for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with extra ponzu to taste.
Note â€“ You can substitute minced chicken for the tuna for a less-fishy version.