This omelet is delicious, easy to make and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Serves 4 as a side dish
1 cup dashi (stock made from fish and kelp, you can buy sachets of instant dashi)
2 tablespoons light soy sauce (usukuchi shoyu)
1 tablespoon mirin
grated daikon and soy sauce to serve
Put eggs, dashi, light soy sauce, mirin and a pinch of salt into a bowl and mix well.
- Put a little salad oil into a heated fry pan, or if you have one, aÂ rectangular pan.
- Put a little of the egg mixture into the pan, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Once almost cooked, roll the egg mixture to one end of
- the pan.
- Add a little more egg mixture and once thatâ€™s almost cooked, roll the previously cooked egg back over it before moving the now combined roll back to the end of the pan.
- Repeat the process three or four times to make many layers.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and slice into 3cm thick slices.
- Serve with grated daikon and soy sauce to taste.