Resources for Hyogo JETs
(For more, please visit the Hyogo AJET site)
- HYOGO PAs:
- Joshua Kaplan: 078-230-3267
- Simon Tyler: 078-362-3026
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the JETLINE and talk to a CLAIR Programme Coordinator about anything you like. We are former JETs, and can answer most questions regarding the programme, and will try to help with any issues or questions you have regarding the workplace, or life in Japan. Hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm Japan Standard Time.
- AJET PSG: 050-5534-5566
- Need to talk? Call the AJET Peer Support Group, a free, anonymous listening and referral service for JETs by JETs, every night of the year from 8pm to 7am.
- TELL (Tokyo English Life Line): 03-5774-0992
- Call the Life Line for free, anonymous, and confidential telephone counseling from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., 365 days a year. Trained volunteers can offer counseling and support, as well as information on a broad range of English-speaking services in Japan.
- Bogglesworld / Lanternfish – A good source of holiday activities and printable board games.
- Eigo Note ESL Blog – Useful lesson plans and ideas.
- Englipedia – Classroom resources for ALTs.
- MES English – Materials for English teachers, including some great flash card sets.
- TEFL Tastic – A huge collection of games, worksheets, and lesson plans.
- Application form/instructions to get your license translated:
- Hyperdia – The best way to look up train schedules.
- Shinki Bus – One of the big bus companies serving the Kansai area. Runs both local and long distance routes.
- http://www.shinkibus.co.jp (in Japanese)
- Highway Toll Calculator – This site gives instructions on how to calculate highway tolls.