Serves 3-4 as a main dish with rice and sides
12 oysters (about 300 grams)
1 bunch of spring onions
3 tablespoons red miso paste (akamiso)
1 tablespoon white miso paste (shiromiso)
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons sake
a little flour, sesame oil and extra sake
- Oysters are sold in bags with liquid. Rinse the oysters well with salted water, drain and remove excess water.
- Dust the oysters lightly with flour.
- Cut the spring onion into 4 cm long pieces.
- In a bowl put the miso pastes, mirin and sake. Mix well.
- Put 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a heated frying pan.
- Sauté the oysters both sides until golden in colour, add 3 tablespoons of sake, cover and cook for a few minutes, then remove the oysters from the pan.
- Re-heat the frying pan and put in 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to fry the spring onion.
- Add the oysters back into the pan with the spring onion and then add the miso paste mixture.
- Mix well and serve.