An old favorite with a Japanese twist!
11/2 cups of plain cookies crushed (Marie biscuits work well)
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
6 tablespoons of melted butter
1. Mix all ingredients together and press firmly into a pie pan.
2. Bake at 175 degreesÂ CelsiusÂ forÂ 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
1 packet cream cheese (200g)
1/3 cup sugar
30ml lemon juice
120 ml whipping cream
green tea powder (as much as you like, just check how it tastes)
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl using an electric mixer (or a lot of elbow grease!).
2. Put the filling on the crust and smooth the top.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the freezer.
4. 30 minutes before serving, take the cheesecake out of the freezer and let it defrost a little. Serve with fresh fruit.
If you don’t like lemon or green tea, it is fine to leave either one or bothÂ of these ingredients out and make just a simple cheesecake.
This is my last entry for the Hyogo Times. I hope you have enjoyed the Japanese recipes over the past 2 years and continue toÂ use them, happy cooking!