This past month, a group of us ventured out to Brasiliano, an all you can eat Brazilian Meat restaurant in Kobe’s Harborland Mall (definitely give it a try if you’re a meat lover.) Toward the end of the meal, we ordered a giant dish of a pineapple dessert that was pretty delicious and an interesting melding of flavors. So for this month’s recipe and in the spirit of experimentation with cooking methods and dish recreation, here’s a recipe for Brazilian pineapple dessert. Feel free to cook up some meat to go along with it. The sweet and savory flavors pair well together. ;)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
Condensed Milk to taste*
*you can find this in the supermarket sold in a red and white tube with a cow on it.
- Cut pineapple into long strips.
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl or Ziploc bag.
- Combine with a squeeze or two of condensed milk, and coat the pineapple strips with the mixture.
- Grill, bake (200°C/400°F) for about an hour, or pan-fry the pineapple strips on medium heat until caramelized.
- Transfer pineapple strips to a cutting board, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Transfer the pineapple back into the pan or to a mixing bowl, add any leftover cinnamon brown sugar, and condensed milk to taste. Toss together in a final mix, and serve.
Enjoy the coolness of Spring!