If you grew up in the States and are of my generation, you may remember that KFC once sold the most delicious corn bread ever! So in honor of the ãªã¤ã‹ã—ã„ (nostalgic) food memories of times passed, and the beautiful pink sakura of spring, I present a new creation! Tada! Strawberry Corn Muffins!
Servings: 13~18 standard sized muffins
1 cup Flour
1 cup Cornmeal*
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Whole Milk (or Half-and-Half or Cream if youâ€™re feeling fancy)
7 Strawberries, diced or sliced
*you may have to buy this off of iherb or search very hard at an international store. Sorry!
- Preheat oven to 200Â°C/400Â°F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or set-up the nifty ï¿¥100 store muffin cups on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add butter and mix til crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the milk/half-and-half/cream with the egg.
- Fold in the liquid mixture into the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Spoon into liners filling Â¾ to â…šÂ of the way to the top. Using a cookie/ice cream scoop makes this part a little less messy.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Top with honey, butter, or both! (If you are so inclined.)
Happy Hanami-ing ^-^