Itâ€™s February!!! And that means Hokkaido Snow Festival, Nagasaki Lantern Festival (for Chinese New Year! Happy Lunar New Year!), and of course Valentineâ€™s Day. So for those looking to confess to their crushes or impress their special someone, or letâ€™s face it, to just stuff some chocolate in our faces (thanks Anna), itâ€™s brownie time!
200g Sugar (add up to 50g more for sweeter brownies)
50g Cocoa Powder (about 10 Tbsp)
2 Eggs, beaten
Â½ tsp Baking Powder
A pinch of Salt
- Melt the butter in a small pot on low heat.
(You can also melt it in the microwave)
- Remove from the stove and stir in the sugar and cocoa powder til well mixed.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the flour mixture till just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared (butter coated, flour dusted) pan and bake at 180Â°C/350Â°F for about 25 minutes. Aim for a fudgey rather than cake-like texture.
Variations: Add Â½ cup of your favorite nut to the mixture at the end, like almonds or pistachios.
Base recipe courtesy of Sarah McGowan.
Happy February & Valentineâ€™s Day!