Or book your transportation directly through the bus company, JR, or airline, and book your hotel through Jalan.net, which is available in English and has an incredible number of listings for all over Japan.
- Plan early. The most popular times to travel fill-up very quickly. Everyone goes on holiday at the same time in Japan (e.g. Golden Week, New Years, etc.)
- Be flexible. The further your departure date is from a public holiday, the cheaper.
- Do some research. Not all travel agents book for every airline.
- Don’t double book. It doesn’t help your chances, and it only angers your travel agents. Try shopping around by e-mailing various agents with your destination, preferred airline and departure dates. They will usually get back to you in a few days. You can then make a booking with the agent who offers you the cheapest ticket. E-mail addresses can be found in the Flea Market or Kansai Scene.
- Pay via cash, credit card, or bank transfer.
- Ask for a discount. Some travel agents give JETs a discount.
No. 1 Travel – Kobe Branch
Phone: 078-335-0921 and 078-332-2181
Hours: 10:00 am – 6:30 pm, M-F
11:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday
CLOSED: Sunday & Public Holidays
5F Kobe Fukutoku Bldg., 3-7-6
Sannomiya-cho, Chuo-Ku, Kobe
A’cross Travellers Bureau – Kobe Branch
Hours: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm, Mon – Sat
11:00 am – 6:00 pm, Sunday & Holidays
Neoffice Bldg, 8F, 4-2-12
Nunobiki-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi
View Larger Map
A’cross Travellers Bureau – Osaka Branch
Hours: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm, M-F
10:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday
CLOSED: Sunday & Holidays
Ginsen Sakurabashi Bldg, 5F
1-4-10 Sonezaki-shinchi , Kita-ku , Osaka
G. S. Travel
[URL: http://www.gs-travel.com www.gs-travel.com]
Hours: 9:30 am – 6:30 pm, M-F
9:30 am – 2:00 pm, Sat
CLOSED: Sundays and Holidays
1-13-21 Higashi Shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka
No. 1 Travel – Osaka Branch
2F Sonezaki Higashi Bldg.
2-15-24 Sonezaki, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka-fu
View Larger Map
Near Sakasuji Honmachi