Canceling Your Internet Service

How to Cancel Flet’s Internet Service

Q. How do I cancel Flet’s?

A. To cancel your Flet’s service, you must call both* NTT and your ISP at the numbers below. It is recommended that you start the process no later than the 15th of the month (and earlier is better).

*Note: These instructions are written for users who applied for Hikari service through BBapply. If you applied directly to NTT or an ISP, then you may be able to cancel both with one phone call to NTT or the ISP.

Contact Numbers-NTT

With Flet’s service (both ADSL and Hikari), you actually contract with two companies and have to cancel both. One company is the connection provider, NTT, and the other is the Internet Service Provider (ISP) of which there are about about a hundred different companies. Following are telephone numbers for NTT and a few of the ISP’s that are popular with foreigners.

You can also use these numbers to cancel NTT’s regular landline service.

NTT Telephone and Flet’s Support

The Foreign Language Customer Support number is open 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday-Friday from mobile phones and NTT landlines only. (Note: these lines are often busy. If you have trouble getting through, you might want to try calling at exactly 9:00 AM before the queue has a chance to get too long.)

  • Users in Eastern Japan call 0120-565-950
    Akita – Aomori – Chiba – Fukushima – Gumma – Hokkaido – Ibaraki – Iwate – Kanagawa – Miyagi – Nagano – Niigata – Saitama – Tochigi – Tokyo – Yamagata
  • Users in Western Japan call 0120-064-337
    Aichi – Ehime – Fukui – Fukuoka – Gifu – Hiroshima – Hyogo – Ishikawa – Kagawa – Kagoshima – Kochi – Kumamoto – Kyoto – Mie – Miyazaki – Nagasaki – Nara – Oita – Okayama – Okinawa – Osaka – Saga – Shiga – Shimane – Shizuoka – Tokushima – Tottori – Toyama – Wakayama – Yamaguchi – YamanashiSpecial note for users in Western Japan: If you were connected to Flet’s Hikari between the fall of 2010 and April 2015, and you are moving outside Japan or to the East Japan area, you might not have to pay the early cancellation penalty to NTT. Be sure to mention your move to NTT.

In Japanese, call NTT at 116. The Japanese line is open 7 days a week. The hours in some parts of Eastern Japan are 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM and in the rest of Japan, it’s 9:00 to 5:00 PM.

Contact Numbers-ISP Services

These are the most popular ISP companies. If yours is not here, you’ll have to check your latest bill or google to get the number.


Hours: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Note: To reach an English speaker, push the Menu number shown a few seconds after the Japanese recording starts.*
Technical: 0120-047-860 Menu: 6 (from mobile phones and NTT landlines only)
Other: 0120-506-506 Menu: 8 (from mobile phones and NTT landlines only)

*If pushing the menu number has no effect, try pushing the star button first and then the menu number.

If you cannot call “0120” numbers

If you are calling from a phone that cannot call 0120 numbers (e.g., “050” numbers or from outside Japan) you may reach OCN at these numbers:

From 050 numbers: 050-3786-0506

From outside Japan: +81-50-3786-0506


Online Suppport

You can make arrangements online using the ASAHI Net Account Maintenence page

Telephone Support

If you are unable to do it online or have questions, you may call them at these numbers:

(For calls from a fixed telephone line in Japan)
(For calls from PHS, cell phone or public phone.)
(If calling from outside Japan, call +81-3-3569-3522)

Lines are open from 10:00am to 5:00pm (Japan time), Monday through Friday, excluding national holidays and ASAHI Net holidays.

* If you are a member, have your ASAHI Net User ID ready. Examples are AB3C-DEFG, U1234AB567C.
* If you prepare beforehand how to describe what you are calling for, it will make it easier.


Online Suppport

You can make arrangements online using the GOL Online Support page

Telephone Support

If you are unable to do it online or have questions, see the GOL Contact Info page

Yahoo! BB (as ISP for Flet’s Hikari)

TEL: 0570-666-595 Mon-Fri 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM

Arranging for Mail Forwarding

The easiest way is probably to arrange for your mail to be forwarded to your friend or company. Go to any post office and ask them for a tenkyo-todoke (Change of Address Notice).

After submitting the Change of Address form, your bills will go to the new address. If you have been paying at the bank and close the account then, when collection fails, NTT will send statements by mail which can be used to make payments.

Note, however, that the post office will not forward mail outside Japan.

Source: Jimmie, from BBApply, a company that used to act as a go-between for foreigners and telecommunications companies in Japan. It no longer exists as many companies now offer English language support.

Post Author: webmaster