Windows Vista, 7
- Start > “Control Panel” > “Clock, Language, and Region”.
- Click “Change keyboards.”
- Check “Add” and select Japanese.
- Go to “System Preferences”.
- Choose “International”.
- Click the “input method” tab.
- Check “Kotoeri” (the name of the Japanese input method).
- Check the “hiragana” box. (You may check the other boxes if you wish, but you do not need them.)
In modern operating systems, Japanese web pages should automatically appear in Japanese. If a webpage isn’t displayed correctly, you may need to change the browser encoding settings by clicking View > Encoding (表示 > エンコード) and then selecting either Shift_JIS (シフトJIS) or EUC. Shift_JIS is the most commonly used encoding.